Layla's Blog

Someone's On The Telephone For You

Friday 15 May 2009

downwards go

Look down as you climb and you wont see the fall, a courageous move or a downward turn. Arrived yesterday to impress you all with a smile that went a whole long way. But secretly I always knew my moves wouldn’t pay off. I stuck my foot right in and you watched me squirm. I left defeated, a downward turn.
Woman you mooch around your showroom and like a moth, sitting by the lights to feed your need for entertainment. You had no time for us cos you gave it all to childhood. Woman, you did dream of pretty clothes, your girls in high heels with a gentleman. Weird overcame them and guilt burned til they couldn’t speak, and the silence was sickening. The last one left, slammed the door hard. Slammed the door on all of them. But the guilt was still burning.
So Friday comes and I'll go to pour drink in my face until I cant remember why I came. And why the summer is always colder. Well, I tried to impress you all and now I have to let it go. The bus was full of young screams, digital cameras, on their way to the city. The bag was full of organic apples, dog biscuits. Kids running from dogs, dogs in trucks. I was scared of the dogs.
I wont talk to the woman, there really is no use. Just carry on smiling, and drinking at the weekend.

No comments: