Layla's Blog

Someone's On The Telephone For You

Tuesday 13 October 2009

neon



when.
like a vicious thorn spiked into my town. disguised as a bearer of goodwill descended into settlement. trauma unravelled, they never got over it, didnt want to. moved to tears when, after many cancellations, they appeared like a tart in pink tights, out from the dark. i thought they wouldnt show. you'd been at it for a while i could see, and now it was my turn to listen. . when. i started to see through. suddenly they've all joined in, im an old lady with problems, didnt see the signs.
we went through an evening where it all came out... and then the disappointment. that spikey smile should have been a warning, i sat up at night pouring with no where to run. dress up for the world, god knows its pathetic. my people have gone, to roost. to chirp, to wail. im looking at them sat there, small skull spouting cynically. older, they didnt see the signs. now they can clean till squeaky, rest til rested or watch the sunrise. a beautiful view selfishly savoured, seldom shared. a bowl full of guavas scenting the room reminds me of something else. reminds me of a girl. told me of a warning and i listened, signs neon in my mind.

No comments: